Monday, October 8, 2012

Zucchini Slice - Not a baking fail!

I thought I was a good cook, but lately I've proved to myself I TOTALLY AM NOT!
However after saying this, I did make the following recipe 3 times in a row and it turned out pretty alright! Well everyone ate it - that's a positive right?!

Easy to make, and it fools Charli every time (he he)... She's decided she doesn't need to eat veggies, but she eats this!

Zucchini Slice (for the beginners!)

You need (give or take):
3 zucchinis - grated
1 carrot - grated
1 cup S.R flour
3 rashers bacon (I bought diced bacon from the deli!)
6 eggs, lightly beaten
1 1/2 cups grated cheese (I used about 1/2 cup and still tasted good!)
1 large onion, finely diced
salt and pepper to season

What to do:
Add all the ingredients together in a bowl and mix well.
Pour into a well greased (egg sticks otherwise - I found that out the hard way!) tray - 16cm x 26cm lamington tray and bake at 180 degrees for 30-40 minutes or until brown.
Slice into fingers/pieces when cool.
Serve hot or cold!
Enjoy!

recipe from here

Clare x

2 comments:

  1. ooo yum! I've been looking for a good zucchini slice recipe, I shall have to try this :)

    ReplyDelete

carpe diem
x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...